Cortana on Windows 10 is among the many functions that Microsoft supplied with the brand-new iteration of their os for desktop and tablets. It is like a digital assistant always all set to assist you with day to day tasks. You can utilize Cortana to look for locations close by, to organize and manage calendar events, to get information or to have a regular chat.
While Cortana is no doubt a terrific addition to what Windows 10 already provides, often it can be the source of a few annoyances. Namely, the issue where it arbitrarily triggers without any input.
With such numerous various triggers for Cortana on Windows 10, usually it’s the case that something you’re not conscious of is triggering the problem. In this post, we will learn how to solve the Windows 10 Cortana Keeps Popping Up issue and get rid of it permanently.
Windows 10 Cortana Keeps Popping Up
Method #1: Turn off trackpad gestures that set off Cortana
If you are utilizing a laptop computer with a trackpad, opportunities are that your laptop has some set gestures that trigger Cortana. This is most likely the thing setting off Cortana on your laptop computer if you don’t currently know about this. Follow the steps below, and you will solve this in no time.
Cortana on Windows 10 is one of the many functions that Microsoft provided with the new model of their operating system for desktop and tablets. It resembles a digital assistant regularly all set to help you with day to day tasks. You can utilize Cortana to try to find places nearby, to handle and arrange calendar events, to get details or to have a regular chat.
While Cortana is no doubt an excellent addition to what Windows 10 currently provides, in some cases, it can be the source of a couple of inconveniences. Notably, the issue where it arbitrarily triggers with no input.
This is an issue dealt with by many individuals all over the world, but contrary to popular belief, it’s not a bug. With many various triggers for Cortana on Windows 10, usually it’s the case that something you’re not familiar with is causing the problem. In this post, we will learn how to fix the Windows 10 Cortana Keeps Popping Up issue and get rid of it permanently. Let’s begin.
- Open your Start Menu and now open Settings.
- In the settings app, search for Gadget then click it. This will open a new window.
- Now in this brand-new window, click on Mouse & touchpad. This will open the input gadgets alternatives.
- Now in this window, you require to click on Extra mouse choices. This will open a brand-new window.
- This brand-new window depends upon the type of gadget you have. (I do not have a laptop. Otherwise, I would have revealed you an image.).
- Now, thoroughly search for options that read “Three Finger Tap” or “4 Finger Tap”.
- You require to make sure that these options are handicapped as this is also an element that triggers Cortana automatically.
- You can also find the comparable options when you go to Control Panel > Hardware and Noise > Synaptics Touchpad.
- Just turn that tap function off, and everything will work fine.
Method #2: Switch off “Hey Cortana” hot word detection
Sometimes, Cortana is unable to compile what is being spoken and can begin on its own. You can disable it by going into Cortana settings smoothly.
Open start menu and type in Cortana. You will discover that an outcome that checks out Cortana & Browses settings will appear. Click it.
Clicking that result will open a new page. Now search for the setting that checks out Let Cortana react to Hey Cortana and after that turn the alternative off.
Method #3: Turn off “Taskbar Tidbits” in search settings
Follow all the actions pointed out in Approach # 2. In the Cortana and Browse settings, look for the alternative that checks out Taskbar tidbits. There will be an option to turn it off. Do it, and it must reduce this concern.
These are some working ways to solve Windows 10 Cortana immediately turning up. These approaches will fix the issue you are facing as they have for numerous others over the web already.